Constipation is a common digestive disorder characterized by difficulty passing stools or hard, dry stools. The causes of constipation can be varied, but the most common include poor diet, fiber deficiency, low physical activity, lack of water, hormonal disorders, and medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis. in plates.
There are several natural ways to treat constipation. Here are some tips to help relieve symptoms:
- Consuming enough fiber: Foods high in fiber, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts, can help improve intestinal motility and facilitate bowel movement. It is recommended to consume at least 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day.
- Drink enough water: Water is essential to maintain good intestinal transit. It is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to avoid constipation.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise can help improve bowel motility and make bowel movement easier. It is recommended to do at least 30 minutes of exercise per day.
- Use herbal remedies: Certain herbs such as fennel, chamomile, nigella, peppermint, and ginger can help relieve constipation symptoms.
- Practice relaxation techniques: Certain relaxation techniques, such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing, can help reduce stress and improve gut motility.
It is important to note that if the symptoms persist despite natural measures, it is recommended to consult a doctor. Constipation can indeed cause complications such as hemorrhoids, anal fissures and even problems with evacuation. The doctor can then assess the cause of the constipation and prescribe an appropriate treatment.